House - meets at 10:00 AM on Wednesday, December 6, 2023.
Senate - meets at 10:00 AM on Wednesday, December 6, 2023.
IQexpress Congressional Information Center
Latest News Coverage on Congress:
In the Committees - Thursday, November 16, 2023
- Postponed - Oversight hearing titled 1324 LHOB (9:00 AM)
- Foreign Affairs - Various Measures 210 CAPITOL (10:00 AM)
- Aging - Hearings to examine modern scams, focusing on how scammers are using artificial intelligence and how we can fight back. SD-106 (10:00 AM)
- Energy - Business meeting to consider subcommittee assignments for the 118th Congress, S.461, to make certain irrigation districts eligible for Pick-Sloan Missouri Basin Program pumping power, S.594, to require the Secretary of Agriculture and the Secretary of the Interior to prioritize the completion of the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, S.636, to establish the Dolores River National Conservation Area and the Dolores River Special Management Area in the State of Colorado, to protect private water rights in the State, S.1118, to establish the Open Access Evapotranspiration (OpenET) Data Program, S.1254, to designate and expand wilderness areas in Olympic National Forest in the State of Washington, and to designate certain rivers in Olympic National Forest and Olympic National Park as wild and scenic rivers, S.1348, to redesignate land within certain wilderness study areas in the State of Wyoming, S.1521, to amend the Federal Power Act to modernize and improve the licensing of non-Federal hydropower projects, S.1634, to provide for the designation of certain wilderness areas, recreation management areas, and conservation areas in the State of Colorado, S.1662, to direct the Secretary of the Interior to convey to the Midvale Irrigation District the Pilot Butte Power Plant in the State of Wyoming, S.1776, to provide for the protection of and investment in certain Federal land in the State of California, S.1889, to provide for the recognition of certain Alaska Native communities and the settlement of certain claims under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, S.1890, to provide for the establishment of a grazing management program on Federal land in Malheur County, Oregon, S.1955, to amend the Central Utah Project Completion Act to authorize expenditures for the conduct of certain water conservation measures in the Great Salt Lake basin, S.2160, to amend the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009 to authorize certain extraordinary operation and maintenance work for urban canals of concern, S.2169, to authorize the Secretary of the Interior to carry out watershed pilots, S.2247, to reauthorize the Bureau of Reclamation to provide cost-shared funding to implement the endangered and threatened fish recovery programs for the Upper Colorado and San Juan River Basins, S.2581, to extend the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self-Determination Act of 2000, S.2615, to amend the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act to provide that Village Corporations shall not be required to convey land in trust to the State of Alaska for the establishment of Municipal Corporations, S.3033, to withdraw certain Federal land in the Pecos Watershed area of the State of New Mexico from mineral entry, S.3036, to require the Secretary of the Interior to convey to the State of Utah certain Federal land under the administrative jurisdiction of the Bureau of Land Management within the boundaries of Camp Williams, Utah, S.3044, to redesignate the Mount Evans Wilderness as the "Mount Blue Sky Wilderness", S.3045, to provide for the transfer of administrative jurisdiction over certain Federal land in the State of California, and S.3046, to make permanent the authority to collect Shasta-Trinity National Forest marina fees. SD-366 (10:00 AM)
- Foreign Relations - Hearings to examine the nominations of Jeffrey Prescott, of the District of Columbia, to be U.S. Representative to the United Nations Agencies for Food and Agriculture, with the rank of Ambassador, Charlie Crist, of Florida, to be Representative of the United States of America on the Council of the International Civil Aviation Organization, with the rank of Ambassador, Sean Patrick Maloney, of New York, to be Representative of the United States of America to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, with the rank of Ambassador, Cardell Kenneth Richardson, Sr., of Virginia, to be Inspector General, Nicole Shampaine, of California, for the rank of Ambassador during her tenure of service as United States Representative to the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, and Joann M. Lockard, of Virginia, to be Ambassador to Burkina Faso, all of the Department of State, and other pending nominations. SD-419 (10:00 AM)
- Judiciary - Business meeting to consider an authorization for subpoenas relating to the Supreme Court ethics investigation, and the nominations of Mustafa Taher Kasubhai, to be United States District Judge for the District of Oregon, Eumi K. Lee, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of California, Seth Robert Aframe, of New Hampshire, to be United States Circuit Judge for the First Circuit, Edward Sunyol Kiel, to be United States District Judge for the District of New Jersey, Sarah French Russell, to be United States District Judge for the District of Connecticut, and Christopher Charles Fonzone, of Pennsylvania, to be an Assistant Attorney General, Department of Justice. SH-216 (10:00 AM)